May 30, 2013

Step 1

So I'm almost done with the very first step of my schooling. I'm going to graduate in August with my Associate's and transfer to get my BA in English. I'll be concentrating on Literature and Writing. It's going to be awesome. I still have a few things to do so please bear with me as I write a small to do list.

School Stuff:
Fitness Forms
Transcripts
Personal Statement
Final Forum

Now, I will be going on to the four year school. I'm hoping and shooting for the fall but it's possible that I might not get in until spring. That would leave me with one whole semester of nothingness and I'm not sure what I would do then. It's possible I would work on my book. I have been taking my writing more seriously lately and I've begun putting together a portfolio. It has all my stories and poems and the first chapter of my book. Though that is unedited, it's still an accomplishment. I also have a copy of my resume and a general query letter.

I've been thinking of getting a moleskin to tote around with me. But that feels so pretentious and I've already noticed myself being kinda lame about being a "writer." Ah, who knows.

I'm also thinking about moving farther away to be closer to some friends for grad school. That's not until at least a year from now but it's something I have to think seriously about. I'd have to find a job and figure out cost of living. It's so hard being responsible. I really do wish it was possible to just pick up and relocate.

In less academic news, I got my cat a new harness. We took her out for a walk today and she played with a pitbull. It was very cute. Also, I've been calling my neighbors' dog Ruby and that's apparently not her name. Whoops. Oh well.

2 comments:

  1. Katy, you haven't written since May. I had to update my library blog as well. Hope all is well with you and I look forward to reading more of what you have to say. Tell us what crazy things happen at your library!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! I didn't know anyone even still read this >.< I updated :D

      Delete